Country: South Sudan
Organization: Adventist Development and Relief Agency International
Closing date: 10 Dec 2021
The main objective of the project is Sustainable model improvement in nutrition and livelihoods of 2200 pastoral farming households in Ulang and Nasir counties through climate smart agriculture, agro-business and renewable energy solutions, in Upper Nile State, South Sudan. The project is contributing to SDGs 1,2,5 and 13. This project will be implemented jointly by a consortium of four organizations -CHADO, UWA, SAYA, and ADRA South Sudan. CHADO, UWA and SAYA will be the primary implementing agencies of the project activities under objectives targeting agriculture, livestock and household income diversification. ADRA South Sudan’s role is to focus on building the capacity of co-implementing partners CHADO, UWA, and SAYA teams, as well as local formal and informal leadership institutions and systems, and to jointly implement the renewable energy component.**
Purpose of the Job
The Project Manager (PM), will assume a coordinating role as well as overseeing the implementation of the Climate Resilient Agriculture & Renewable Energy Solutions for Sustainable Livelihood Development – CARE project funded by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The project is implemented by a consortium of 4 organizations, ADRA being the lead partners with 3 national organizations – CHADO, Ulang Women Association, and Sobat Area Youth Association. This position is responsible for capacity building and coordination of consortium partners as well as overseeing ADRA staff under the project. The PM assures the timely implementation according to established work plans, monitoring and evaluation frameworks and budgets. The PM also ensures compliance with Adventist Development & Relief Agency (ADRA) South Sudan and the donor rules and regulations for programmatic and financial implementation of grant agreements.
Duties and Responsibilities
Other Valued Criteria
How to apply:
Kindly send us your cover letter and an updated CV (not longer than four pages) in English to email@example.com.
Country: South Sudan
Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council
Closing date: 4 Jun 2021
Years of conflict and insecurity in South Sudan have resulted in one of the world’s worst and most protracted humanitarian contexts. NRC’s programme has grown in recent years to combine both emergency response and recovery programming, with a budget of $22 million and a team of 350 staff (including 20 International) operating from three large area offices and managed from the country office in Juba.
Further to delivering humanitarian response and seeking new routes to greater, more sustainable impact, NRC’s South Sudan programme has built a strong reputation for humanitarian analysis and advocacy and seeks to build both arms of this programme over the coming years.
It is with this backdrop that we are seeking to hire for the post of Area Programme Manager for our Area office in Wau.
The Area Programme Manager is responsible for implementing integrated programmes and representing NRC at coordination fora, as delegated from Area Manager. They will also be a member of the Area Management Group.
Roles & Responsibilities
For this role the successful applicant should have the following:
To access the full job description please click this link
How to apply:
Countries: South Sudan, Uganda
Closing date: 11 May 2021
HEKS/EPER, Swiss Church Aid is the aid organisation of the Protestant Churches of Switzerland and has its headquarters in Zurich/Switzerland. HEKS/EPER provides humanitarian and emergency aid and tackles the causes of hunger, injustice and social deprivation both in Switzerland and abroad. HEKS/EPER has its own coordination offices in approximately 20 countries and around 200 projects worldwide. HEKS/EPER is a member of the ACT Alliance.
HEKS/EPER is based in Kampala, Uganda, with a sub office in Yumbe and manages a country program with a team of national and regional expatriates. HEKS/EPER works through local partner organisations and self-implemented projects in refugee settlements in Uganda and IDPs in South Sudan. Our main sectors of intervention are WASH, livelihood, peace and conflict transformation with a strong human rights-based approach.
For our country program in Uganda and South Sudan, HEKS/EPER is looking for a strong candidate (M/F, national/expatriate) to fulfil the role of:
Uganda and South Sudan Country Director, 100%
· Lead the development and implementation of a relevant, substantial, and strategic international cooperation programme in Uganda and South Sudan in line with HEKS/EPER strategy.
· Ensure an excellent understanding of the political, social and humanitarian context considering internal and regional dynamics.
· Ensure high quality project proposals and reports from local partners and self-implemented projects and support partners in their institutional and capacity development.
· Assume final responsibility for the finances of the country office and the projects according to HEKS/EPER’s field financial and administration guidelines.
· Ensure the growth of the HEKS/EPER programme through acquisition and develop and implement a national acquisition strategy based on the donor landscape.
· Manage and coordinate HEKS/EPER country Office in Kampala as well as its suboffice in Yumbe and the HEKS/EPER presence in South Sudan.
· Responsible for the development and implementation of local security plans and the security management.
· Represent HEKS/EPER in Uganda and in South Sudan and develop an extensive network and strong relationships with key national authorities and humanitarian actors, including donors, UN agencies and INGOs representatives.
· Ensure the visibility of HEKS/EPER via different communication channels according to HEKS/EPER guidelines.
· Ensure a strong and constructive collaboration with HEKS/EPER’s head office in Switzerland.
· At least 5 years’ work experience in a senior management position in an international NGO with international exposure. Work experience in Uganda and South Sudan is considered as an asset.
· Strong experience in insecure and access-hindered environments, with experience in supporting emergency response programming, access negotiation and security management.
· Extensive experience in program development and in managing multi-sector programs through partners and by self-implementation.
· Track record of successful acquisition and grant management including working with major institutional donors.
· Highly motivated, initiative, flexible, resilient, solution oriented, and sensitive to cultural values.
· Excellent analytical, conceptual and writing skills.
· Strong management and leadership skills.
· Relevant university degree at Master’s level or other relevant experience.
· In-depth knowledge of the key issues and trends in humanitarian and development aid and strong knowledge in HEKS/EPER’s key intervention areas.
· An interesting and challenging position in a dynamic international context
· Duty station Kampala, Uganda
· A competitive salary package
· A one-year contract renewable
· Starting date: mid June 2021 or upon agreement
How to apply:
Are you interested? We are looking forward do your complete application documents (CV, cover letter and certificates). Only online applications will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications will be May 10th, 2021. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. HEKS/EPER reserves the right to select a candidate prior to the deadline.
For further information about HEKS/EPER, please consult our website https://en.heks.ch/.